It’s probably clear that the mobile Internet usage has been increasing rapidly over the last few years. As more people are beginning to use mobile devices like tablet and Smartphones, one thing is clear that mobile surfing is overtaking PC usage. So it’s extremely important that your website is mobile friendly.
We have already discussed about the topic “How to Make Your Website Fit to all Screen Sizes”. And here we are going to discuss about the Importance of responsive design. It is possible to build a site that is equally favorable for both desktop and mobile users. And the design is called responsive web design.
What is Responsive Design?
A Responsive design means a website that has been built so that all of the content and images of the site remains the same on any device. The purpose of responsive design is to have one site, but to have viewed differently on several devices of different sizes.
Responsive design is the combination of flexible grids, flexible images and media queries. It also makes managing your SEO strategy easier. Google recommends responsive web design because the content that live in one URL is much easier for users to share, interact and link to that content that lives on separate mobile site.
Mobile Usage is Exploding
Nowadays, importance of responsive design is a definite part in the business world because globally mobile surfing is increasing rapidly. According to the new report from CISCO (Computer Information System Company), the mobile data usage around the world tripled than the last year and it’s done same for the last three years.
- By 2015, there will be more than 788 mobile-only internet users.
- By 2015, Global traffic of mobile data will increase by a factor of 26.
- In between 2009 and 2010, the worldwide mobile data grew by a factor of 2.6.
- In 2009 the average Smartphone usage doubled, from 35 MB to 79 MB per month.
- In iPhone, the android operating system data is using rapidly.
- In 2010 almost a third of Smartphone traffic was offloaded onto fixed networks via dual-mode or Femtocells.
- Millions of people around the world have cell phones, but no electricity, and by 2015 a majority in the Middle East and Southeast Asia will live “off-grid, on-net.”
Overview of Responsive Web Design
When the user accesses a site from a laptop or desktop, the user delivers a full view of the website. And for mobile or tablet the web page is fit for the devices. This creates a better user experience that works across all devices without changing URLs or HTML code.
SEO Benefits of Responsive Web design
One of the major ranking factors for Google is Site quality. Shifting to responsive design will help drive more traffic to the website through mobile devices. And thus it can reduce the bounce rate of the website. There are four main SEO benefit of Responsive Web Design:-
- Google Recommended Responsive Web Design: Its more effective for google to crawl the site, index and organize all the content that is online.
- One Website, One URL: All Responsive websites have just one URL and the same HTML across all devices. So it’s easy for the users to share, navigate and link to that content in any other mobile devices.
- Reduce Bounce Rate: If a website doesn’t work effectively for mobile and tablet users, that users definitely leave the website and try another one. Hence the bounce rate increase and ranking of website decreases. A Responsive website doesn’t want to bother about this problem.
- Enhanced User Experience: If users are browsing a site via their mobile devices, the responsive web design can be able to view all of its content as easily as desktop users. When a user had a better experience with your website, there must be a chance to buy a product or use a service.
Stay Ahead of the Competition
In the business world, it needs to stay ahead of the competition. Responsive web design is a must for making sure you stay ahead of other business and reach desktop/laptop, tablet, mobile users. Many websites are still not paying attention to the requirement of Responsive Design. SO making your website responsive can make your website a step ahead from your competitors. The important thing you know that adopting latest technologies that are being helpful for the development of your business. Responsive design is such a latest technology for your business development.
In conclusion, responsive web design is a must for your business in order to provide the best possible service for your customers. Responsive design is the latest trend in online development and it can save your time and money through reduced cost and maintenance. Responsive design will increase the visibility in the search engine and gain a better market for your business.