What is an eCommerce Platform?
E-Commerce Platform is a software technology providing the solution for business selling products online. There are two types of solutions like providing a complete ecommerce development solution named as fully integrated platforms and those named as pre integrated that are plugged into another and requires a little development. The ecommerce solutions platforms are made of common programming languages like Java (object based), PHP, .Net. The eCommerce platforms can be utilized by the business firms in Product management, Providing the Search Options, Promotions and related activities, Merchandising, Personalization, Product Pricing managements etc. One of the main objectives and challenges of an online store is to manage the products effectively; and so the product management solution provided by implementing these eCommerce development services must be dealt with effective controlling of product information.
Types to Set up an eCommerce platform on the web
After the basic online store building, you can either host it yourself or at the cloud services. The cloud services is a worldwide infrastructure where the hosting and the software associated with it are delivered on demand.
Hosting it Yourself
- Gets more control
- You get to know where your data is
- It is Harder to scale
Hosting at Cloud
- Can set up with low costs
- It is easy to scale
- Potential data and security issue arises
In this blog post we look at the major tools that comes helpful in the eCommerce website development solutions that can help your requirements for the online store. We look an overview of the major tools like Magento, WooCommerce and OpenCart to build an online shopping website. You can go at the eCommerce website design tips at our previous blog post.
ECommerce Development Solutions with Magento
Magento can be said as the most popular eCommerce solutions platform available now; due to its unique features that increased the shopping experience of the website customers. With over 150,000 online retailers that provides many features, this platform is based on Zend framework. Magento offers a complete scalable platform with optimal performance that also helps you in increasing the conversions and driving more revenue. You also get a variety of website design themes to choose one.
Major Features of Magento
- Manage multiple online stores with it from a single administrative panel.
- Software interface that enables you to make connection to other software.
- Marketing opportunities – setting prices, discounts, coupons and setting the sales organization.
- Improve administration options.
- Language and currency detection
- SEO friendly with control over the HTML layout, creating unique description, URLs keywords meta tags.
- Auto creation of Sitemaps
- Product management – set pricing models, seasonal and volume discounts, resize images and watermarks.
- Managing the additional goods or related products for users.
- Advanced Tax rates and currency managements
- Product attributes, reviews, groups managements
- Report Creations of sales, reviews, shopping cart, marked goods, search and tags.
ECommerce Development Solutions with WooCommerce
People prefer to have their website in WordPress due to easy managements of web page posts. Commerce is a WordPress plugin that helps your WordPress website to be an online shopping website. WooCommerce allows you to manage all; from the WordPress dashboard like the general store performance and statistics, sales and reviews, stock levels etc.
Major Features of WooCommerce
- Security support from Sucuri, meeting the highest WordPress security standards.
- Simple and Effective user interface to handle products
- Getting reports on product performance to track the business.
- Supporting help at marketing in building discount options
- Better tax calculation methods
- Shipping classes and rule creation
- Supporting the PayPal Standard Gateway that accepts credit cards.
- Making the powerful tools from the Google Analytics like eCommerce tracking.
ECommerce Development Solutions with OpenCart
Open Cart is an open source PHP based software that allows you to set up an online store cost effectively. You also get to have lifetime free support and free software updates. OpenCart provides easy installation with selecting the template to add products.
It offers multiple payment gateways with secure e-commerce solutions.
Major Features of OpenCart
- Works with Microsoft IIS, Apache, PHP and MySQL.
- Many extensions to search and select.
- Easy tracking of sales, products viewed and products purchased with custom reports.
- Increased sales transaction as guest checkout
- Several ecommerce solution extensions to choose from.
- Easy backup and restore
- Extra options to display similar products
- Option to get shipping weights
- Possible to manage as customer groups
- Supports 20 payment gateways you desire.
- Multiple currency option possible by country.
Quick Hosted eCommerce Solution
There are other quick solutions to make the online store with very ease and quick. These are hosted solutions that can be used on a monthly or yearly basis. You can go for services like MagentoGo, Shopify, BigCommerce or Volusion as this type of ecommerce solution. As mentioned above all of these platforms do support all the basic requirements that an online store needs.
Shopify allows you to create an online shopping website very quickly as possible. It does not need much coding and have easy to use templates. Do note that Shopify requires the knowledge of their special programming language, Liquid to customize the design templates; which is one of the limitations. Shopify only has a limited templates and reporting option, but provides good support and is less expensive. BigCommerce is also a similar ecommerce tools, providing the hosted solutions which support worldwide shipping. It doesn’t need to know a specific programming language as Shopify needs. They need to work out to make the customization more simple, along with making the templates better.
Undoubtedly the most advanced and complete eCommerce solution is given by Magento, but they also do have a hosting solution named as MagentoGo, but provides limited template library and very less customization options. If you focus on the more advanced reporting options, then this is the best that you can get.
ECommerce Development Service Provider
Getting a good ecommerce service provider is difficult. You need to check the website created by the service provider. SeaMedia provides complete ecommerce solution for online store projects right from the deciding the business model, website designs, development, SEO and other digital marketing services. Our dedicated team are passionate to keep up with the latest trends happening in the ecommerce sector. If you have an idea to develop an online store, we would be happy to guide and develop.
This is the screen shot of the upcoming Magento project of SeaMedia. Contact Us to build your ecommerce website.